Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 400 pages



This is the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. This is also my second attempt at reading this book. When I first read The Hunger Games, I was ready to dig into the second book. However, my first try at the book was not successful, whether it was because I lost interest or I was too busy, but the book was left unfinished.

I am glad that I decided to reread this book, or in my case listen to it. Catching Fire was a very intense, action packed book just as The Hunger Games was. Katniss and Peta believe that they are safe after they become the victors of the 74th Hunger Games. But that is not the case.

Almost a year after winning the Hunger Games, Katniss and Peta have found themselves back in the arena. This time they are not fighting novice opponents, but against other District victors from the previous Hunger Games.

This book provided twists and turns that I was not expecting, but it made it like it even more. This was read by Carolyn McCormick.

No comments:

Post a Comment