Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Franklin and Winston by Jon Meacham, 512 pages

The entire title is "Franklin and Winston: an Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship."  I checked the e-audio book out from Missouri Libraries2Go, so listened as opposed to read this book.

The book details the friendship of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Prime Minister Winston  Churchill, from their first inauspicious meeting in 1918 to the real and sometimes troubled friendship they formed during the war years.

I enjoyed the book, I really did, but my mind often wandered as I was listening.  That said, I would recommend this book to history and World War II buffs.  After listening to the book I checked out a print copy so I could peruse all the pictures, notes and appendixes in the book.  These total over 100 pages and are worth the checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment