Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg, 467 pages

Ahh, Fannie Flagg, what a storyteller.  I ran screaming from the last book I read and needed a good pick me up.  Fannie came through.  I have complained that some of her books are too sweet.  This one wasn't.  I like real life issues, I just like them resolved in a good way by the time the story ends and Fannie kindly provided that.

Dena Nordstrom is a rising star in 1970s network television.  However, she is an orphan and has issues with getting close to people.  Her father died in WWII before she was born and her mother disappeared when Dena was 15.

There are characters here that show up in later Flagg books that I've already read and it was fun to be introduced to them here.  All around, I think this was one of Fannie's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment