Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Misery by Stephen King, 433 pages

This was actually my first book I've ever read by King. I've always found his stuff to be very intimidating, mostly due to his writing style and also the length of his novels. A lot of people recommended Misery to me, so I finally gave it a try. It was borderline to gory for me, but I also found myself on the edge of my seat for a lot of it, especially the ending!

Paul Sheldon is a best-selling author and recently woke up utterly disoriented after a car accident. He is being tended to by his number one fan, Annie Wilkes. After finishing his most recent novel and realizing that he killed of the main, beloved character, Annie quickly switches from Paul's carer to his captor. She is willing to go to grisly lengths to force Paul to write the next book in the series, and bring back the character that she can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment