Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

John Dies at the End by David Wong 384 pages

I decided to listen to this book, because the sequel titles cracked me up and I remember really liking the movie.  The book is insane!  I mean, it's hilarious and awful and twisted and...oh, you wouldn't believe me if I tried to explain...  If you read it or listen to it, don't get distracted and miss even a paragraph, you'll be hopelessly lost in the story.  That much happens in a very short time!  This mix of horror, sci-fi and wacky humor was really fun.  I will say that some outdated and non-P.C. is used frequently, so if that stuff really upsets you, give this one a pass.  If you can skim that over and just roll with the story, I think it's worth the effort, especially if you like roller coasters that move in more than just our 3 dimensions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment