Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White 184 pages



Charlotte’s Web was a required reading for my children’s literature class. I had read this book several years ago while in elementary school, but after reading it again I felt that my perspective of the book has changed. I do not remember the book being so violent, even starting out with Mr. Arable headed out to the pigpen with an axe. I also don’t remember how depressing this book was. Once Wilbur is at the Zuckerman farm, he is very lonely and depressed. Wilbur misses Fern very much and no one wants to associate with him. I also do not remember Charlotte to be so stern with Wilbur; multiple times Charlotte would tell Wilbur to go to sleep or other various tasks.

Overall, I am glad that I reread this classic as it is a very good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment