Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman 101 pages

When I picked this book out on audio, I was surprised to find it was only one disc.  I love Neil Gaiman, so I'm not complaining, I was just expecting maybe a higher reading level and a longer story.  This is probably a bit closer in reading level to his Wolves in the Walls.  It's a farcical story about a dad who is left in charge of his two children for a few days while Mum is away.  No worries, she left him a list of what to do.  One of those things was to get more milk, as they were nearly out.  Well, Dad forgets until it's too late and his children are staring mournfully at their dry bowls of cereal.  Worse, he'll have no milk for his tea, so he hops to the store to get more milk.  After waiting a very, very long time, the children are getting worried.  What has happened to their father?  Fortunately, he appears...with the milk...and a very silly story about his delay.  Fortunately, the milk made it home.  I highly recommend this.  It was read on audio by Gaiman, and even though it is probably suitable for 2nd-3rd grade, it was a really cute story.

No comments:

Post a Comment