Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kinsey & Me: Stories by Sue Grafton, 268 pages

I have read Sue Grafton since "A is for Alibi" and am waiting my turn for "X."  I've had this book ready to listen to for several months and decided now was the time.  The book is in two parts, the first and majority of the book, features short stories with Kinsey Millhone, the female detective Grafton is famous for.  The second half is "Me" (Grafton) written as Kit Blue, dealing with her alcoholic mother's death.

I am not a usual reader of short stories and the Kinsey stories were not as good as a full-length novel because she just kept figuring stuff out lickety split.  Boom! Solved.  I think the Kit Blue stories must have been very cathartic for Ms. Grafton, but they were dark and difficult to listen to.


No comments:

Post a Comment