Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert, 288 pages

Elizabeth Gilbert, yes, yes, author of "Eat Pray Love" has written a nonfiction book about living life fully in creativity.  I would not recommend this book to someone who doesn't like Elizabeth Gilbert, this book will just annoy you.

However, if you are a fan of Gilbert, or happen to have not read anything by her in the past and don't have preconceived notions, then by all means read this little gem.  It is one big pep talk about doing what makes you creatively happy and not worrying if you don't become acclaimed or have to keep your day job in order to pay the bills.

I never actually thought about my job as a creative expression of myself, but after listening to this (read by the author) I have more confidence that I am doing exactly what I want  and am supposed to be doing and am completely blessed to have the opportunity to do so.  And . . . my next book to read is "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett.  Anyone who reads or listens to this book will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment