Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 352 pages

Jacob has grown up listening to his grandfather's fantastic stories of his own childhood.  Grandpa Abe spoke of monsters, and children with seemingly magical powers.  When Jacob got older, he was teased for believing in fairy tales.  He decided that his grandfather must be pulling his leg and stopped believing.  Then his grandfather is killed and no one believes Jacob when he tells what he saw.  The rest of the story is a lesson in why we should never stop believing in other possible truths.  Sometimes magic really does touch our lives and sometimes the monsters are very real.  I really enjoyed this book.  It wasn't what I was expecting at all and I enjoyed the story.  It is definitely for young adults and up, some harsh language was used.  I listened to it read by Jesse Bernstein and while his accents were a bit forced, it was still very listenable.

1 comment:

  1. I read this . . . also not what I was expecting . . . but a book I kept to reread.

    ReplyDelete