Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Unfortunate Importance of Beauty by Amanda Filipacchi, 332 pages

My sister, who often tells me what to read, highly recommended this book.  She found it funny and quirky.

I did find it quirky, but not very funny.  The main characters are a group of creative friends, one of whom is extremely beautiful and another extremely ugly.  Barb, the beautiful one, works hard to hide her beauty.  Lily, the ugly one, tries to transform herself into beautiful.

I typically like books with a little magic, and this book has that, but it just wasn't for me.  I read it, I finished it, but I didn't think it was funny, instead it made me sad.  Funny how two people can read the same book and have a different experience.  Sounds a little like life!

No comments:

Post a Comment