Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

In a Cottage In a Wood by Cass Green, 320 Pages


I received an Advanced Copy of this book a few months ago, but I've been attempting to get some books off my "To-Read List" for a while, so it's been actively collecting dust on my bookshelf. I finally got it last weekend because I didn't have anything else at home to read, and I'm glad I finally did! This book gets to the point rather quickly, and then keeps the excitement coming. 

Neve, to put it simply, is a mess. She recently lost her boyfriend, is working at a dead-end job, and moved in with her sister and her family. Walking home after making some iffy decisions, she encounters a mysterious woman on the bridge. The woman introduces herself as Isabelle, and after handing Neve an envelope, she jumps off the bridge. Neve's life quickly gets worse, and she is surprised when she is told that Isabelle left her a cottage in her will. Neve sees this as a blessing in disguise, and potentially a turning point in her wreck of a life. The only problem is, once she arrives to the cottage, this isn't a blessing in disguise, and could potentially be a nightmare. The cottage is run down, has bars on the window, and is holding very sinister secrets that are going to turn her life upside down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment