Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson, 304 pages



I love this author. A few of her books have been turned into Hallmark movies. I have to admit I hesitated on reading this book. Beauty pageants aren't my thing. The main character is an elementary school librarian so my interest in this book didn't quite go away. I figured I'd wait for the library to get their copy in and then give it a try and then if it really wasn't my cup of tea I'd just turn the book back in unfinished...no harm, no foul. Then a book subscription box that I'm a fan of posted a one time box they were doing for Valentine's Day. It was a rom com box. Turns out this was the book. So yet another sign I should read this book. I started reading the book on a Friday night and didn't get out of my chair until I had finished it. Obviously I could not put this book down. There are a lot of Harry Potter and Jane Austen references. Two literary loves of my life. I had to stop and take a picture close to the beginning of the book because the main character was wearing a Harry Potter shirt and so I was.
I messaged most of my friends and told them they have to read this book. Mind you if you're not into Harry Potter and/or Jane Austen you might roll your eyes at the references or miss them entirely. This book spoke to my nerdy soul. I was sad when I got to the end. I almost wish I hadn't read it so fast. I can't wait for my friends (and some library patrons) to read this book so we can discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment