Pages

Monday, March 4, 2019

We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix, 337 pages

We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix is a supernatural horror novel, but also has some dry humor in there. A tad too unrealistic for me, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would, but I still would give this one 3/5 stars. It was fast paced and some parts really made my skin crawl.

Over twenty years after her almost success as the guitarist for metal band Dürk Würk, Kris has hit rock bottom, working as a receptionist at a Best Western and barely getting by. She is still bitter about what split the band up, and now is reeling: Terry, former best friend and lead singer of Dürk Würk is going on tour with his new group, Koffin. Kris decides to confront Terry about what happened, and tries to rally the troops to come with her, including multiple former band members. She soon realizes that Terry's success stemmed for something far more sinister than just screwing over the rest of the band... he potentially sold their souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment