Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Field of Prey by John Sandford 392 pages

John Sandford’s Buried Prey had just been released when I began the Prey series. I started with the first book and I read them all in order over a few months span and except for book club books they were the only books I read. I literally ate, breathed and slept Lucas Davenport and the officers of the BCA. I felt bereft when it was over.

In the latest installment, Field of Prey several bodies are found in a cistern in the middle of a corn field. Eventually they discover that the victims had been killed over a period of time dating back almost twenty years. Sandford introduces a new character, detective Catrin Mattsson who investigates with Lucas the Black Hole Killer as he has been named.

Field of Prey is vintage Sandford: fast paced, action packed, with enough twists and turns to keep your attention until the very end. A great part of the allure of the Prey books is the relationship that you develop with the characters as they grow and evolve. For that reason this is one series that I would recommend that you start with the first book and read them in order. 




No comments:

Post a Comment