Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

In a dark, dark wood by Ruth Ware 310 pages



The jacket of In a Dark, Dark Wood told me I’d be on the edge of my seat, and that it was going “to be huge” and like every other psychological thriller debut you pick up, that it was in the vein of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, so I couldn’t wait to read it. Although truthfully, Gone Girl is not the barometer I use to measure readability but it seems many do so I was very disappointed to find that it really wasn’t all that. 

To be fair it was a fast and easy read and the story was interesting and I read it in one sitting, but I had it figured out about halfway through and I spent more time wanting to slap the main character for being a wuss than clinging to the edge of my seat. I really will be surprised if it turns out the book is a hit.  

Having said all that I would still recommend it just because I know as diverse as readers are, there will be those who think it's a gripping, thrilling ride or some such.

No comments:

Post a Comment