Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino, 208 pages

I am a HUGE fan of the HGTV show, Fixer Upper, so when I saw this book come through I knew I had to read it.  And you know what?  It's just about as adorable and sweet and fluffy as you'd imagine that Chip & Joanna were in person.  They built their business from the ground up and appeared to have a few struggles along the way before finding the success and fame that starring in a reality TV show granted them.  There really wasn't a lot of meat to this book.  No decorating tips.  No business tips.  And most conflict was glossed over.  I skimmed the last 40 pages or so.  In my opinion, there weren't enough pictures of their projects.  Fans of Fixer Upper will likely still want to check this out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment