Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian, 368 Pages

The Flight Attendant was a new release that I had been anxiously waiting to read. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. I found the main character EXTREMELY unlikeable. I almost gave up on the book due to how much I disliked her, honestly. But I'm glad I stuck it out until the end, because WOW, I didn't see that coming!

Flight Attendant Cassandra Bowden is a hot mess. Very rarely is she not drunk, and usually makes terrible life choices during her drunken moments. One of those mistakes: meeting a passenger on one of her flights, and waking up, extremely hungover in his hotel room the next morning. The only thing that makes this mistake a tad different than her "usual"? When she wakes up next to the man, she finds him brutally murdered. Cassie panics and flees the scene, afraid to call the police because she is alone in a foreign country. She realizes she did the wrong thing by fleeing, and attempts to cover it up by lying. One lie after another, Cassie takes the situation from bad to worse. She is questioning everyone-even herself. Did she kill this man? And if she didn't, who did?

No comments:

Post a Comment