Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Shelter In Place by Nora Roberts, 439 Pages

I had never read anything by Nora Roberts until Shelter In Place. I have a list of authors that I know I need to read at least one book by them, because our patron's are always checking them out and they're just extremely popular. The description of Shelter In Place caught my eye, so I thought I would give it a try. **Trigger Warning** This book centers around a mass shooting. It's extremely difficult to read, but I enjoyed the book for the most part. Any sort of romance makes me cringe, and this was borderline too much for me.. but I stuck it out and finished it.

Down East Mall is bustling with shoppers, diners, movie-goers, etc. Everything changes when 3 shooters walk in, causing mass chaos and carnage. Everyone's lives are changed during the 8 minute shooting. Now years down the road, Simone is hiding out from life and reality, and Reed dedicated his life to preventing other incidents like the shooting and is now in the police force. Their paths will cross, and they'll realize that a third piece to this unfortunate puzzle was unhappy with the outcome of that horrible day, and plans to take matters in her own hands to make it have the ending she prefers.

No comments:

Post a Comment