Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter, 468 Pages

I'm a huge fan of Karin Slaughter. Her books are gruesomely descriptive, and the plot usually unfolds seemingly effortlessly, taking over basically my whole life while I read her work. I found myself hooked from the first page of this book, but also found that while her other books have somewhat believable plots, this one seemed a bit unrealistic. I still enjoyed this book just as much as her others, and I'm already anxiously waiting for the next book she writes!

Andy Cooper is living with her mother, Laura, after returning home from college in New York. Andy returned home after Laura was diagnosed with cancer, vowing to help take care of her. Laura is now in the clear, and both women are returning to their normal lives. Andy and Laura decide to have lunch at the mall, and a calm day erupts into chaos and violence. A man with a gun comes in, calmly killing people in his path. Laura jumps into action, protecting Andy and killing the gunman. To make matters worse, the killing is caught on tape, and Laura is forced to somewhat confide in Andy that she is not who she originally said she was. Andy is now on the run per Laura's instructions, and Andy uncovers horrifying secrets about her mom's past, all while fighting for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment