Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Alone by Lisa Gardner, 480 pages

A few months back, I read a book by Lisa Gardner without realizing it was part of a series. Thankfully, I was able to read it without reading the rest but I liked it so much that I decided to start the series from the beginning. Alone is the first book in Detective D.D. Warren series, and is based around Boston State Trooper Bobby Dodge. The story begins with Dodge being called to a hostage situation involving a married couple and their four-year-old son. When the situation quickly takes a turn for the worse, Bobby makes the decision to end someones life in order to save two others. He's now dealing with the consequences of his actions, and realizing that there is way more to the story than what was originally let on.

I really enjoyed this book and have already started on the second one in the series! I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear more from or about Detective D.D. Warren, as I was excited that this is a series based around a female detective who kicks butt, but I'm sure there will be more on her later!

No comments:

Post a Comment