Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Three Little Lies by Laura Marshall, 352 pages

Three Little Lies alternates between 2005 and 2018. In 2005, Ellen and her neighbor become enchanted with the new girl on the street, Sasha, and her exotic family. Sasha's family throws parties, allowing the teens to mingle with adults. Everything comes to a screeching halt when a sexual assault takes place during one of the parties, requiring both Ellen and Sasha to serve as prime witnesses against the family Sasha had been living with. Now it's 2018, and both girls are living together in an apartment, when they hear the news that the man they put behind bars for the assault is now out on the streets .When Sasha goes missing, Ellen fears the worst, but realizes everything isn't how it seems now, or how it seemed back then.

I was really excited to read this because I loved Marshall's other novel, Friend Request. I liked this book okay but definitely didn't love it. I had a hard time keeping all the character's straight, but was appreciative of the ending that I didn't see coming. I still would recommend this to readers who enjoy a fast-paced thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment