Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Shattered by Karen Robards 388 pages

Now that I have finished my 2nd Karen Robards book, I can speak more to what I like or do not like about her style.  I like thrillers and I read a lot of them.  It amazes me that authors can be so creative, that they are not all writing about the same topics or plots.  Lisa Grant, an assistant DA, becomes fascinated by a cold case, mainly because the little girl in the missing family bears such a strong resemblance to her.  But the more she investigates the case, the more endangered she becomes.  1st, her house catches fire and the folder with the evidence inside burns with it, then, when she goes to the home of the missing family, she is attacked.  More and more coincidences pile up until it becomes evident someone does not want her poking around in this case.  Meanwhile, she falls hard for her boss, District Attorney Scott Buchanan. But they have a past.  That, plus the fact that he is her boss make it difficult to act on the sexual tension between them.  That brings me to the part of Robards writing I could to without.  I don't mind a little romance in my mystery, but really!  Her sex scenes go on for pages and pages!  I get the idea!  You don't have to spell it out for me and if I wanted to read a romance novel, I would choose one of those!  Stick to the mystery.  Okay, now that I have said my piece, I will tell you her books are well worth the read.  You just may have to skim a few pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment