Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding, 496 pages

Helen Fielding is a great comic writer.  In this story, Bridget Jones is now 51 and a single mother.  Her husband, Mark Darcy, died five years ago when son Billy was 2 and daughter Mabel was 2 months old.

Bridget is just emerging from her grief and trying to live again.  I read other reviews on Amazon and Good Reads and many people disliked this book.  I didn't.  I also did not read the other two Bridget Jones books, though I really enjoyed the movie version of "Bridget Jones."

During the book Bridget loses 40 pounds and begins dating a 30 year old Toy Boy named Roxster.  They are perfect for each other, except for the 21 year age difference.  I laughed out loud a lot as I listened to the book.  Bridget is not perfect, but she is perfect for her kids and her life.  I give this a definite thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment