Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews, 294 pages

Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews is the fourth title in her Savannah series.  I'm always a fan of Mary Kay Andrews and I was happy to have my hold come up for this book a few days before Christmas.

Weezie & BeBe are back!  This time with a wedding (Weezie's) and a baby on the way (BeBe's.)  Weezie's down to the last week of wedding planning and her fiance, star chef Daniel Stipanek is in New York City working as a celebrity chef.  When Weezie sees a society photo of Daniel and his new boss out on the town, she starts to get suspicious and decides to surprise her fiance with a quick trip north.

BeBe is just a few weeks away from the birth of her first child with Harry.  Harry would love to marry BeBe, but BeBe's been burned by marriage before and isn't ready for all that again.  Things get even more complicated when BeBe discovers that her ex-husband (so she thought) never filed their divorce papers.  8 months pregnant and completely stressed out, BeBe decides to hunt down her ex herself and make sure those papers are filed ASAP.

No spoilers here, but I will mention that everything in this story gets wrapped up quite nicely, with a pretty little bow.  A little too quickly for me though.  Weezie & BeBe are usually partners in crime, and this story had them separated almost the whole time.  It was definitely not my favorite in the Savannah series.  That said, if there are more Savannah stories to come, I'm sure I'll still read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment