Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

To Hell on a Fast Horse by Mark Lee Gardner, 336 pages

The complete title of this book is To Hell on a Fast Horse: Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, and the Epic Chase to Justice in the Old West.

I'm not a fan of westerns, but Mark Lee Gardner recently visited the East Hills Library and put on a great show where he sang and spoke about his newest book which is about Jesse James.  Even though reading about the American West is not my favorite thing, it is one of my favorite places to visit.  Somehow, that was a good enough reason for me to read this book.

I recommend this book to anyone who is into the "Old West."  Probably everyone knows about Billy the Kid.  Pat Garrett was the lawman who shot and killed him.  This book provides lots of details on both their lives and life in general in the 1870s-early 1900s in New Mexico.  After reading this book I am very happy to be alive in 21st century Missouri!

No comments:

Post a Comment