Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich , 320 pages

The early Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich were laugh-out-loud funny. Now I occasionally chuckle as I'm reading, or in this case, listening to the book. Never heard of Stephanie Plum? She's a bond enforcement agent, or does her klutzy best to be one.

All the characters we're familiar with are in Take Down Twenty. Stephanie, her boyfriend Joe Morelli, her crush Ranger, side kick Lula, cousin and boss Vinny, Grandma Mazur and Stephanie's parents. It's another crazy caper with Stephanie struggling to bring in the bad guys who have jumped bail. Joe's Grandma Bella is back putting the Evil Eye on Stephanie once again. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the giraffe.

No one who reads the series will be surprised to know that everything works out in the end. Need an afternoon escape? Don't want to think too much? Read this book. There's a lot of stress during the holiday season and all that can go away for a few hours. I had a long drive and this was a great companion book for the drive. I could pay attention to the road and listen to the book at the same time. Sometimes I don't actually want to think too hard and a Janet Evanovich book is just the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment