Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris 275 pages

David Sedaris is one of the funniest authors out there.  All of his works are mostly autobiographical, with the exception of his goofy fake stories/letters from uptight white women.  David's pieces draw largely on his experiences growing up with his family.  Lately, he has been writing more about living abroad, but we still get lots of hilarious peaks into his childhood and formative years.  If you have never read nor listened to a David Sedaris book, I highly recommend Me Talk Pretty One Day, as it remains my favorite of all of his books.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed by any of his works.  Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls didn't have me shaking with laughter as much as some of his others, but it was definitely funny!  Also, I have always listened to him read his own books.  I think there is something charming about him, and listening to how he tells his stories has always appealed more to me.  Other people I know don't like his voice and prefer to read his stuff.  I think they're missing out, but you can be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment