Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You by Courtney Maum 331 pages




I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You is the story of what happens when a man cheats on his wife.  The man, Englishman Richard Haddon, is married to beautiful Frenchwoman, Anne-Laure, with whom they have one daughter.  Richard has an affair, which he blames partly on the fact that “I married my lover, time turned her into my sister.”  In other words, the thrill is gone.

Richard’s wife finds out about the affair after the mistress, Lisa, has broken it off.  Richard is banished and comes to learn that he values his wife and his family and wants to mend things. In some ways it is just another story about a cheating husband, but there are pitfalls and humor in some of the husband's antics as he tries to win his wife back. 


I enjoyed the book, the writing is good, and there are some good laughs in the story.  In some ways I was reminded of Jonathan Tropper’s writing.  The story is told by Richard and the book is written by a woman.  I thought she did an excellent job of writing in Richard’s voice.  I look forward to more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment