Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Matilda by Roald Dahl 232 pages

How had I made it to adulthood without having read this book?  Dahl never disappoints, I should have read this years ago.  I found myself laughing out loud at this book.  Matilda is a brilliant little girl who is thoroughly neglected by her parents.  Her teacher, Miss Honey, recognizes her genius, but is powerless to move her ahead in the school to the class where she belongs.  The school Matilda attends is ruled by a cruel tyrant, Miss Trunchbull, who frequently assaults children she feels step out of line.  In the end, Matilda (with her sense of justice quite well rounded) makes sure that the Trunchbull gets hers.  It is a very silly and perfect example of a Dahl book.  I highly recommend this one to children of all ages and to anyone who loves that British sense of humor!  As a side note, I really love the movie that was made from this book, too.  I don't often say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment