Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Navy Seal Chris Kyle 379 pages


I do not typically read this type of book.  I have to admit I became interested after seeing the trailer for the movie.  I was surprised this book held my interest.  Admittedly, the author does go into quite a bit of detail about the weaponry, and I may have just skimmed a few pages, but all in all, in was an interesting read.  Chris Kyle loves God, Country and Family in that order, so it was also enlightening to read the inserts written by his wife.  War changes people.  Chris Kyle had a specific talent and was given a job to do.  A job he was very good at and enjoyed very much.  He killed a lot of insurgents and saved a lot of American lives in the process.  He is very proud of what he did and has a clear conscience.  Granted, it took a toll.  He lost friends to war and almost lost his marriage.  But, this is Chris's tale to tell.  You can read and decide for yourself if the warriors are good or evil, but one thing is for sure: War is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment