Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cinder : The Lunar Chronicles book 1 by Marissa Meyer 390 pages

I don't often shout at my CD player when listening to books, but I did with Cinder.  As soon as the last line was read, I screamed, "WHAT?!?  That's how you're going to end???"  Talk about a cliffhanger!  The book is actually a super cool scifi book for teens.  A teenage cyborg girl, with no memory of her life before she became a cyborg, works as a mechanic.  She has to earn the money to satisfy her stepmother (who is mean, but definitely has an evil streak) and two stepsisters.  One stepsister is her only human friend, while the other is nearly as cruel as her mother.  Cinder, cyber mechanic extraordinaire, meets the handsome Prince Charming...I mean, Prince Kai, when he shows up at her booth asking her to repair his android.  A series of catastrophic events lands Cinder as a test subject for the plague that is ravaging her world.  This is when things really start to get out of hand.  This is a little bit adventure, a bit of mystery, a touch of romance and a lot of futuristic cool.  I highly recommend this title, but be prepared to experience the I-must-have-the-next-one feeling when it's over!

This was an audiobook version read by Rebecca Soler.

No comments:

Post a Comment