Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt 771 pages (I gave up at 603)

This book received rave reviews and I have talked to patrons who loved it.  I rarely give up on a book, but I just could take no more of this.  Too many good books were calling my name!  Theo is 13-years-old when he is a victim of a terrorist attack.  He is at the art museum with his mother when bombs go off.  His mother does not make it, but Theo manages to escape the devastation, with a painting.  Thus begins Theo descent into a world of drugs, thievery, deception and the desire to be loved again.  Everything that can go wrong in life went wrong for Theo.  Just when you think he is going to get on the right path, he chooses the wrong one.  After 603 pages I could take no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment