Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

So, Anyway by John Cleese 392 pages

First of all, I wish that this had been an audiobook read by the author.  Having said that, it doesn't really matter, because I don't think anyone would be able to read this without hearing Cleese's voice in their head.  The interesting thing is that it really didn't talk about Monty Python's Flying Circus.  Most of the book was about Cleese's youth and early career.  His stories were funny and unexpected.  I had no idea that he was friends with so many really acclaimed actors.  I especially enjoyed reading about his antics with Graham Chapman and his recounting of working with Peter Sellers and Marty Feldman.  I have always been a big fan of John Cleese's work, but now I am a fan of him as a person, too!  I don't know if people who don't know anything about Cleese or the Pythons would enjoy this as much as I did, but I would still recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment