Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, 531 pages

I'm a fan of World War II books.  If I had known this was about World War II, I would have put it higher on my "must be read list."  And if you are like me and haven't read it yet, even though it won multiple awards, including the Pulitzer, and has been on the New York Times Best Sellers List for over a year, then stop procrastinating.  It's worth the read.

This is the parallel story of a brilliant German boy, Werner Pfennig, who gets caught up in the Hitler Youth and a blind French girl, Marie-Laure LeBlanc, who leaves Paris with her father when it falls to the Germans and spends the war in Saint-Malo, a walled port city in Brittany.

This is a beautifully written novel and is one of those books that I rushed to finish because I couldn't put it down and was sad to finish because it was so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment