Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Into The Water by Paula Hawkins, 386 Pages



I'm torn on how I felt about this one, honestly. I really loved The Girl on the Train, so I had extremely high expectations.. and unfortunately, this just fell flat. I think what bothered me so much about it was that it had so many different characters, and the story flips back and forth between each one, so it was hard for me to follow and keep track of who is who. 


Nel Abbot was found dead in the river near her home, which has been the setting of similar deaths, including that of her daughter's best friend, Katie. Nel grew up obsessed over the information about these deaths that took place in this body of water, referred to as the "Drowning Pool". Nel leaves behind a teen-aged daughter and a sister, whom she hadn't spoke to in years. Secrets start to unravel, and everyone realizes that there may be more to these deaths than what was originally seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment