Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda, 337 Pages


The Perfect Stranger was the first book I've ever read by Megan Miranda, and I wasn't disappointed. This was one that I didn't know what the outcome was going to be until the very end, which I really enjoy, because I read so many books in this genre that I've gotten pretty good at guessing what is going to happen next. 

Leah Stevens was a journalist in Boston, when a story that she published blows up in her face. Restraining orders and potential lawsuits ensue, and she is forced to leave the place she calls home. She runs into an old roommate, Emmy, whom she hasn't seen in over 8 years. Emmy suggests that they relocate together, and they quickly find themselves in a small town in Pennsylvania. Leah is settling into her job at a local high school, when a woman is found on the verge of death by the lake near Leah's house. On top of this, Leah's roommate, Emmy, is missing. As everyone in town tries to figure out what happened, Leah tries to find Emmy, and she begins to question who she was living with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment