Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber, 326 Pages


I'd been eyeing this book since it hit the shelves, and I'm mad at myself that I waited this long to finally read it! It pulled me in from the first chapter, and I never felt like there were any dull moments where the book just dragged on, (which I've had happen a lot lately). 

It's been ten years since Josie Buhrman ran away from her old life. Her father was brutally murdered, her twin sister became a source of constant stress and heartache, and her mother ran away and joined a cult. Josie changed her last name, her appearance, and relocated states away, after backpacking around different countries in attempt to forget about her horrific past. She's settled in to her new life in New York with her boyfriend, Caleb, whom she's lied to about everything, even her true last name. But everything begins to unravel around her when a true crime podcast focusing on her father's murder becomes the latest fad, thrusting her family's history back into the spotlight. She is forced to return to her hometown after her mother's death, and comes face-to-face with the lies and history that she's tried so hard to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment