Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

The League of Frightened Men: a Nero Wolfe Mystery by Rex Stout 302 pages

I've decided to listen to all the Nero Wolfe mysteries again, this time in order which I've never done before.  I love the characters so much, but I've always bounced around to whichever book was available.  I think it might be fascinating to see their development as a natural progression.  That being said, this is the second book in the series.  A group of friends is sure that one among them, one that they wronged back in college with lasting effects, is picking them off one by one.  They hire Wolfe to remove him as a threat or source of concern.  Wolfe always picks up on things no one else does and the solution to this one caught me by surprise.  The ever-so-rotund genius will earn his fee whether people like it or not!  Read by Michael Prichard, this was a pleasure to listen to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment