Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Bachelor Nation by Amy Kaufman, 320 Pages

While I found some of the information in this book interesting, I honestly found a lot of it appalling. I understand that the contestants sign up for the show, and "know what they're in for", I don't believe that they sign up with the intention of being publicly humiliated and manipulated by the producers and overall production company. Many interviews from past and current employees of both The Bachelor and Bachelorette franchise painted the production company in such a horrible light, and openly talked horribly about the "cast". Most of the book discusses how producers often manipulate cast members into drinking and then corner them for a one-on-one "in the moment" interview to get what they need for ratings. Like I said, I know that these are consenting adults, and maybe I'm naive for watching the show and thinking the behind-the-scenes wasn't that bad. I'm not a huge fan of The Bachelor or Bachelorette, and I'm especially not now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment