Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Don't Trust Me by Joss Stirling, 400 Pages

I didn't love this book. It had the potential to be fantastic, but the author wrote such an unlikeable character (in my opinion) that I struggled to finish it. I will say, I didn't see the ending coming, which helped with my overall opinion of the book, but this is not one that I would recommend to patrons. The main character suffers from ADHD, and I don't feel like they painted her or her mental illness in a good light. 

Jessica and Michael return from an unfortunately bad vacation with their relationship on the verge of crumbling. Jessica returns to work only to no trace of the company, as if it never existed. This doesn't help her situation with Michael, who didn't believe her job was real in the first place, instead chalking it up to another one of her fantasies he swears she comes up with. To make matters worse, their apartment is ransacked, and the only thing's stolen are items that belong to Michael's late-wife, Emma. All signs point to Jessica, and he quickly places the blame on her. But, things quickly take a turn for the worse when Jessica finds a dead body, and things begin to unravel around her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment