Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

The Boy at the Keyhole by Stephen Giles, 272 Pages

The Boy at the Keyhole was something I was really looking forward to reading, but was ultimately letdown once I finished it. I felt it was very slow, and then once I got to the ending, I had to re-read it a couple times and still don't think I know what the author was trying to get at with it.

Samuel is 9 years old and lives with his family's housekeeper, Ruth, due to his father's passing and his mother going on a supposed work trip. The only problem is- Samuel doesn't believe his mom is actually overseas working, due to the suspicious circumstances surrounding her departure. Rumors begin to circulate around town, and Samuel lets them get the best of him, growing more and more suspicious of the one person he should be able to rely on- Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment