Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson 432 pages

This book is not my usual cup of tea and if it was not on the Truman reading list, I might not have read it. However, I cannot say I did not like it. Many things happened in this book. It contains magic, a little romance, and some conflict.

Elisa, princess of Orovalle, is not your normal princess, she was chosen by God to carry a Godstone. Every 100 years a new bearer is chosen to fulfill a service in the name of God. After Elisa marries Alejandro and is swept to his kingdom in Joya d’Arena, she must keep their marriage a secret, as well as her Godstone. When a group of revolutionaries learn of Elisa’s Godstone, they decide to kidnap her, as they believe that she can save their people.

I recommend this book for children in 8th grade and up, based on some of the topics in the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment