Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Whole Enchilada by Diane Mott Davidson, 384 pages

Diane Mott Davidson writes culinary mysteries featuring caterer Goldy Schulz.  The books always include recipes and before starting to read, I tend to look at the recipes and think, "that looks good but hard to make."  By the end of the book, I always convince myself to copy at least one or two of the recipes because they sound so darned good when described in the book.

This is not great literary fiction.  I always get a bit frustrated while reading this series because I think no way would life happen that way.  If as many people died around me, as died around Goldy Schulz I would be looking for a new line of work, or I would be in jail.

But notice I said I always . . . when I read this series.  I complain, but I keep reading them when they come out.  They are a decent escape and sometimes that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment