Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Boys in the Trees: A Memoir by Carly Simon, 376 pages

I experienced this book the best way possible, I think.  I listened to it read by Carly Simon.  The audio-book includes music in the background and even a few songs.  About half-way through listening to the book I checked out the print copy to see the pictures which I figured, correctly, would be there.

Carly Simon is the 3rd child and daughter of Richard and Andrea Simon.  A son, Peter, was born a few years after Carly.  Her father was a co-founder of the publishing company Simon & Schuster, though he was ousted in later life.

Both Carly and her father suffered from anxiety and depression.   I have always admired Carly Simon and enjoyed her music and never really considered she has the same worries and demons as everyone else.  The book is a very candid look at her life and marriage to James Taylor.  No surprise, she has a way with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment