Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling 759 pages

Many people say that they just didn't like the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series at all.  I strongly disagree.  I do miss being at Hogwarts for the majority of the story, but in the same way that I loved learning about Tom Riddle's history, I really enjoyed learning about Dumbledore's past.  I also really liked seeing characters develop in unexpected and amazing ways...case in point - Neville Longbottom.  The epilogue wasn't entirely satisfying, I think because it was trying to be too satisfying, but the whole book is definitely worth the read.  It was also cool to get to travel through the wizarding world beyond the walls of Hogwarts, and many characters got to be heroes.  I confess that I did spend a good bit of this one crying, but it was still worth it.  I listened to this one read by Jim Dale.  Now I have to find a new book to listen to...always so hard after living in this world for all seven books.

No comments:

Post a Comment