Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling 870 pages

Where Goblet of Fire was my favorite, this is easily my least favorite of the HP series.  Harry is riddled with so much teen angst, I just want to slap him most of the time.  Also, knowing what's coming makes it hard to get through.  On top of that, Delores Umbridge is such an overwhelmingly terrible person that the whole book feels like an attack on my psyche.  When I started listening to the series again, I was dreading getting to this book, and now that I'm on the other side of it, I can still say the overall effect is unpleasant enough to still call it my least favorite.  AND my biggest issue with the audiobook is that for some unfathomable reason, Jim Dale started pronouncing Voldemort with the t at the end.  The first four books, he pronounced it with the intended French pronunciation and this was an awkward and unwelcome change.  Sadly, it carries on through the last two books in the same way.  All that being said, my least favorite HP is still way up on my favorite books of all.  Totally worth the teen angst, torture and doom and gloom to experience the whole series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment