Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Substitute by Nicole Lundrigan 399 pgs.

The Substitute switches back and forth between two narrators, an unknown psychopath in the making, and Warren, a socially awkward, issue laden, substitute teacher who loses his job when they find a body in his back yard. I wanted to wipe my hands of both, I really did, but I couldn’t. Maybe because the author does such a great job fleshing out the characters that it doesn’t take much to understand why they are the way they are. Or maybe because the darker side of me might have done the same had I been in the same predicament. Or maybe even, it was all the twists and turns that kept me constantly guessing who the narrator was and who done it. Hard to say. Either way, I didn’t want to put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment