Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling 652 pages

This installment in the Harry Potter series was one of the most fascinating to me.  I loved that they were learning so much about Tom Riddle (the man who became Lord Voldemort) and there was so much scary stuff going on.  It was thoroughly enjoyable...even with the ending it had.  Death is but another adventure to the curious mind.  When you get to the end of this (if you haven't before,) just remember that.  There are worse things to fear than death.  I think Harry understands this better than many and certainly better than Voldemort. Oh, and romance is in the air in this installment, too.  I would put this toward the top of my favorites.  Harry definitely grew as a character at 16.  Such a welcome development after book 5!  I listened to this one read by Jim Dale...still not crazy about the hard t on the end of Voldemort, but enjoyable nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment