Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus, 358 Pages

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I kind of lost my love for YA for a while, but I think that this book reignited it for me. Bonus points for the fact that it reminded me of a modern day Breakfast Club.

Five students find themselves in detention due to something that none of them actually did. Shortly after detention begins, Simon winds up dead. The police quickly discover a gossip blog written by Simon that was on the verge of being published, exposing the deepest secrets of the remaining 4 students from detention. Due to this, they are now the prime suspects of Simon's murder. Four students who had basically no interaction until now are forced to work together to not only clear their names, but also figure out how this could have happened, when they know there was no other person in the room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment